A refinished or reglazed tub tends to be very slick and slippery. You need to be extra careful when taking a bath to prevent falls that can cause serious injuries. This can be achieved by using the best bath mat for refinished tub or reglazed.
However, finding a bath mat that will stay put and not scratch the newly refinished surface is quite a challenge. This is because most bath mats have suction cups so they do not grip firmly on the reglazed surface.
Luckily, we went ahead to research and find 5 bath mats that are designed for refinished tubs. These bath mats do not have suction cups so they cannot scratch the tub surface and do not slip.
Comparison table of the best no suction cup bath mat for refinished tub
Original Refinished Bath Mat
No Suction Cup Bath Mat
Sultan's Linens Foldable Mat
European Coatings bath mat
Shower stall bath mat
Best bath mat for refinished tub and reglazed tub reviews
1. Original Refinished Bath solutions bathtub mat
It measures 30 inches by 16 inches so it is long enough for large bathtubs.
It has reversed suction cups so it holds gently onto the tub when a little pressure is applied to it. This ensures the mat grips firmly onto the tub surface preventing sliding or slipping.
Moreover, the upraised design tends to massage your fit as you enjoy your shower.
- No toxic PVC
- Soap scam resistant so it does not leave residue or scuff on reglazed/refinished tubs.
- It holds firmly on to the tub without floating or sliding
- Ideal for large-sized bathtubs
- Perfect for remodeled porcelain and fiberglass tubs
- Works great on textured tubs as well
- Safe for everyone including children and elderly
- The seams may start to come off after frequent use
2. No suction cup bath mat by Non-SlipBathMats
This bath mat was designed specifically for refinished and reglazed surfaces.
The fact that it does not have any suction cups guarantees non-slip protection to your newly refinished tub without damaging it.
Since it is made of vinyl, it does not fray or falls apart like the popular rubber mats.
Most importantly, it does not mold and it is dirt resistant; hence, very easy to clean.
- It is machine washable
- Does not discolor
- It is mold resistant
- It does not slip at all; hence, great for children and the elderly
- Sticks firmly to the bottom of the tub without lifting
- Works great on all types of tubs including Koehler tub
- It does not hold as strongly as suction mats do. But that is why it is recommended for refinished tubs.
3. Sultan’s Linens Foldable Non slip Rubber Bath Mat
This 100% rubber mat is designed for textured or refinished tub surfaces. It does not have any suction cups so it is safe to use in a reglazed tub since it will not damage it.
In order to ensure the mat sticks securely onto the tub surface even without suction cups, it is designed with an anti-slip honeycomb texture design.
Moreover, it has about 21 drainage holes, which not only ensure fast drying but also prevent build-up and the growth of mold and mildew.
The mat is foldable so that when it is not in use, you can fold it and put it away at the edge of the tub.
- It is quite heavy so it does not float when the tub is filled with water
- The mat feels firm and secure under the feet
- It does not slip or slide
- Works great even on smooth ceramic tubs
- You need to store it flat so that it does not tear along the seams
- It is not machine washable
4. European coatings Non Slip Bath Mat for Refinished Reglazed Tub
This bath is recommended for refinished and reglazed tubs since it does not have suction cups.
Despite not having suction cups, this mat provides maximum nonslip safety since it’s made from textured rubber. The rubber provides grip and prevents it from slipping in the tub.
This mat measures 41×15 inches so it is long enough to fit long tubs.
- Machine washable
- High premium rubber
- Long enough for long tubs
- Does not float
- Holds firmly on to the tub
- Works great on textured tubs too
- Size might be too long for your tub but you can get a smaller mat without suction cups
5. No suction cup shower stall mat made in Italy
This vinyl shower mat does not have any suction cups so it is ideal for a refinished or reglazed floor.
It measures 23.5 x 23.5 inches; hence, it perfectly fits a shower stall.
Given that it does not have suction cups, it is also ideal for textured shower stall surfaces.
It has two drainage holes; at the center and on the corner. This ensures that the mat does not float and also helps in fast-drying, which prevents the growth of mold.
Most importantly, this mat as a non-slip safety seal, which can be reduced of the surface of the shower is uneven or porous.
- Machine washable
- Works perfectly on different types of showers including fiberglass
- Perfect to textured shower floor as well
- Stays in place
- Has holes for water drainage
- Comfortable to step on
- It is not ideal for a bathtub since it might be too wide
The best bath mat for refinished tub is ideal for you if you are afraid of falling when having a shower or bath or you don’t want to damage your newly refinished tub. It is however important to note that refinished tub bath mats should not have suction cups since they may damage the new surface.
Choose any of the above bath mats for your tub or shower and you can have peace of mind and enjoy your bath. These mats can also be used on textured tubs as well since they hold quite firmly on textured surfaces without suction cups.